Ons praat graag Afrikaans!
Melvin Residence Guest House
Combining old world charm with modern luxury
Melvin Residence is a 4 star Guest House that is ideally located for doing business in Pretoria, but that is just part of this perfectly preserved Victorian manor house’s charm. A warm welcome awaits visitors who wish to experience the glamour of yesteryear, but who also do not want to compromise on modern amenities.
The perfect location
Situated in jacaranda-lined Pine Street in Arcadia, one of Pretoria’s oldest suburbs, Melvin Residence Guest House is within walking distance of the Union Buildings and the famous embassy row of the capital city.
The fact that the guest house is just ten minutes’ drive away from the commercial hub of the city, Loftus Versfeld rugby and football stadium, the University of Pretoria and specialist hospitals in the area, does not detract from the air of tranquillity that surrounds Melvin Residence.
Many restaurants and coffee shops in the area offer the visitor a selection of dining experiences.
Although the original Victorian house, with its quaint steeple, wrap-around veranda, moulded ceilings, stained glass work and wooden floors, doors and windows has been perfectly preserved, the visitor will find luxury rooms and en suite bathrooms, total connectivity (the entire guest house is a Wi-Fi hotspot), adequate desk space in the rooms and the entire range of business support.
Attractions of this home away from home
- Free WiFi throughout the premises
- Four luxury double rooms with en suite showers
- One standard room with an en suite bathroom
- One single room with an en suite bathroom
- Private entrances with comfortable relaxation areas on the broad veranda
- An awesome view over the capital city
- All rooms are fully air-conditioned
- Easy access to highways leading north and south
- Secure, fenced parking
- Non-intrusive, but welcoming service.
Terms and conditions
Click here to familiarise yourself with our terms and conditions